Vagabonding: An Uncommon Guide to the Art of Long-Term World Travel
With a new foreword by Tim Ferriss • “Vagabonding easily remains in my top-10 list of life-changing books. Why? Because one incredible trip, especially a long-term trip, can change your life forever.
And Vagabonding teaches you how to travel (and think), not just for one trip, but for the rest of your life.”—Tim Ferriss, from the foreword
There’s nothing like vagabonding: taking time off from your normal life—from six weeks to four months to two years—to discover and experience the world on your own terms. In this one-of-a-kind handbook, veteran travel writer Rolf Potts explains how anyone armed with an independent spirit can achieve the dream of extended overseas travel.
Now completely revised and updated, Vagabonding is an accessible and inspiring guide to
• financing your travel time
• determining your destination
• adjusting to life on the road
• working and volunteering overseas
• handling travel adversity
• re-assimilating back into ordinary life
About the Author: Rolf Potts
Rolf Potts (born October 13, 1970) is an American travel writer, essayist, and author.
He has written two books, Vagabonding (Random House, 2003) and Marco Polo Didn’t Go There (Travelers Tales, 2008), and his travel writing has appeared in National Geographic Traveler, Outside, Salon.com, Slate.com, The Guardian, and World Hum.
His non-travel essays and criticism have appeared in The New Yorker, The Believer, the New York Times Magazine, and the digital versions of The Nation and The Atlantic.
Potts directs the summer creative writing workshop at the Paris American Academy, and he was the 2011-2012 ArtsEdge Writer-in-Residence at the University of Pennsylvania. He currently teaches nonfiction writing at Yale University
Quotes of Rolf Potts:
Looking for another type of book?
- Psychology Tool to Understand your Thoughts and Emotions - November 2, 2022
- In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts: Close Encounters with Addiction - October 31, 2022
- Quotes – Dr. Gabor Mate – The Attempt to Escape From Pain - October 31, 2022